Mousehold Nursery (Kingfisher class)
At Mousehold Nursery we offer a nurturing and creative environment. Within this we encourage the children’s enjoyment of learning through play and exploration. Nursery sessions are led by a qualified Teacher and supported by Teaching Assistants, who are all passionate about working alongside our very youngest learners.
Throughout their time at Mousehold Nursery children can explore the extensive outdoor areas, including the Secret Garden, as well as entering the indoor world of a classroom that promotes independence and imagination.
Our Nursery is an intrinsic part of our school. They are called ‘Kingfishers’ – just as the other classes have bird names throughout the school. The children in Nursery wear uniform and share some outdoor spaces with Reception classes. We see this as a positive way to provide a smooth transition from Nursery to Reception and ensures that children and their families feel part of the school. The Early Years team work closely together to ensure that learning is continuous and progressive, so that children receive the best start to their educational lives.
If you ‘wonder’ if our Nursery is the right place for your child,
please get in touch and come along and see for yourself.
Although no two days are the same at Nursery, here is an example of what might happen during a session…
- Children arrive straight into the Secret Garden after saying goodbye to their parents/carers.
- Choosing from a wide selection of activities both indoors and outside. This includes some adult-led activities that we have planned based around the children’s interests and learning needs, for example, cooking, gardening, woodwork.
- Snack time is where children are encouraged to try new foods and chat to their friends.
During a group activity, children can join in with stories, singing, movement and drama.
- Those eligible for 15 hours Government funded can select any 5 sessions across the week.
- If choosing two sessions on one day, the cost of lunch time supervision is £2.
- Additional sessions can be purchased for £12 per session.
- Families who are eligible for 30 hours funding must apply to HMRC for a code in the term before it is required e.g. for places in September the application must be made between June and August. Apply at: https://www.gov.uk/apply-30-hours-free-childcare
We are now accepting applications for 2022-2023. Please submit your application to the school office by 28th February 2022. Places will be allocated to applicants at this date. Applications received after this date will be added to a waiting list and will be considered subject to availability of spaces.