School Uniform Supplier
It is our school policy that all children wear school uniform when attending Mousehold Infant and Nursery School, or when participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours.
The school uniform is:
* Red sweatshirt/cardigan with Mousehold logo
* White or Red polo shirt
* Charcoal grey trousers, shorts, skirt or pinafore dress
* Red and white checked dresses may be worn in summer
* Sensible footwear, preferably black (no flip flops as not safe)
* Red book bag with Mousehold logo (each reception child will receive a free book bag as a gift from the Friends of Mousehold).
1. Aims and Objectives
- Our Policy on school uniform is based on the notion that school uniform:
- promotes a sense of pride in the school
- engenders a sense of community and belonging towards the school
- is practical and smart
- identifies the children with the school
- makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance
- is regarded as suitable wear for school and good value for money by most parents
- is designed with practicality, health and safety in mind
On health and safety grounds we do not allow children to wear jewellery in our school. The exceptions to this rule are ear-ring studs in pierced ears. We ask the children not to wear ear-rings on the days they have PE or in the event of newly pierced ears, for the parent/carer to cover them with a plaster to prevent them from causing injury.
3. The Role of Parents
- We ask all parents who send their children to our school to support the school uniform policy. We believe that parents have a duty to send their children to school correctly dressed and ready for their daily school work. One of the responsibilities of parents is to ensure that their child has the correct uniform and that it is clean and in good repair.
- If any parent would like the school to modify the uniform policy, they should make representations, in the first instance to the Headteacher. The school welcomes children from all backgrounds and faith communities. If there are serious reasons, for example on religious grounds, why parents want their child to wear clothes that differ from the school uniform, the school will look sympathetically at such requests.